The First Line Maintenance Analyst is a vital role within our large retail business, responsible for efficiently handling incoming calls from our shops regarding various maintenance issues. This position requires excellent communication skills, and the ability to coordinate and prioritise maintenance tasks effectively. The First Line Maintenance Analyst will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our retail stores by promptly addressing and resolving issues related to air conditioning, plumbing, electrics, pest control, and roofing.
· Manage and access all incoming calls from retail estate relating to maintenance-based problems.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for shop employees reporting maintenance issues handling calls in a professional and courteous manner, actively listening to the reported problems.
· Offer a 1st line consultation, providing clear instructions to support shop staff in emergencies.
· Investigate any issues and probe for further information where necessary by gathering detailed information to accurately assess the nature and severity of the issue.
· Prioritise and log each call via the helpdesk software to generate accurate reports and maintain detailed records of maintenance activities.
· Document the steps taken to resolve each issue, including any necessary follow-up actions or recommendations for future prevention.
· Escalate issues where appropriate to Maintenance Team leader.
· Build strong relationships with external contractors and allocate jobs appropriately where necessary to complete works required.
· Track and monitor calls to ensure that deadlines and SLA’s are met.
· Follow set procedures to ensure calls are resolved as quickly as possible.
· Identify opportunities to streamline maintenance processes and enhance overall efficiency.
· Liaise with the Property Department to contact landlords when necessary and clarification for responsibility of works.
· Closure of all calls once the issue has been fully resolved.
· Organise and check invoices received, identify where further information is required from contractors and liaise with the Accounts Department.
Skills & Experience
· Strong verbal communicator with experience of working in a customer service environment.
· IT literate with experience of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to follow instructions as well as using own initiative.
· Flexible approach to work, with the ability to multitask.
· Enhanced Annual Leave
· Betfred Rewards (Discounts, offers & cashback for various retailers)